DIPLOMA IN GENERAL DRILLING
This is a two year (4-semester) programme run by the Department of Geological Engineering. The programme aims at addressing the needs of middle level personnel in drilling for mineral/oil exploration, geotechnical and hydrogeological establishments. The successful candidate should be competent to take up jobs in the mining, oil, hydrogeological and allied industries and be able to design, operate, work in a team and supervise drilling operations under all conditions as well as have knowledge in using modern drilling equipment.
Applicants must satisfy any of the following:
- WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate with pass in Integrated Science, Core Mathematics, English Language and credits in the following elective subjects: Physics, Mathematics plus Chemistry or Technical Drawing or Metal Work or Applied Electricity or Electronics.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with credits in five (5) subjects including English language, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics; and General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level passes in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
Mature Applicants should be at least 25 years of age and should have any of the following;
- GCE Ordinary Level Certificate with credits or SSSCE/WASSCE with pass in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a science subject plus experience in the relevant area of study.
- Mature applicants must pass a written examination and /or an interview. Mature applicants must also possess birth certificates which are, at least, five (5) years old after the date of issue.
- Foreign Applicants with equivalent certificates and grades are eligible.
CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME IN SMALL-SCALE MINE AND QUARRY ADMINISTRATION
The Certificate programme in Small Scale Mine and Quarry Administration is a one-year (2-semester) programmes whose rationale is to respond to the needs of personnel in the minerals extraction industry especially the small/medium scale sector mines and quarries in Ghana.